Solved: My tax returns have two states, one was entered by accident. How to I remove it?

rochoa332

My tax returns have two states, one was entered by accident. How to I remove it?

I have residence in Michigan no Mississippi. I need to remove MS from my file

NiaW

You can delete your Turbo Tax Online state return as long as you haven't paid for it yet or registered in the free version:

1. Sign in to your Turbo Tax account and navigate to your return.
  2. Click on 'State Taxes' near the top of your screen, and then select 'Your State Returns'.
  3. On that screen, click the 'Delete' link right next to the 'Edit' button, and then answer 'Yes'.

If you don't see the 'Edit' or 'Delete' button on the Your State Returns screen and haven't paid or registered, please do the following:

1. Click 'State Taxes'.
  2. Select the 'Your State Returns' screen.
  3. Click 'Start' next to the state that you want to delete.
  4. After, click 'Continue'.
  5. Click 'State Taxes' and then select 'Your State Returns'.
  6. Click 'Delete' next to the state that you want deleted.
  7. Click 'Yes'.

In some cases, you won't see the option to delete, just 'Edit' and 'Start Over'. This is because you either already paid for your state or registered your free version while that state was attached to your return.

NiaW

1. Click 'State Taxes'.
  4. After, click 'Continue'.
  7. Click 'Yes'.