latia15

My state tax refund was been in process be for my federal but I got a date for federal and state still say process why is that?

AndreaC1

The IRS and your local state have separate refunding procedures and schedules, which means your refunds are processed separately by IRS for federal and your state's Department of Revenue for your state return. So that means many people can get their state refund before getting the federal one, and vice versa. 

If you have already filed your state return, you can check your state government's refund lookup service for the latest on your state refund status. Choose your state below and it will provide you instructions on how to check the status on your state's website.