Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return was rejected; my 2022 AGI was what was on file with the IRS; what other reason could it have been?

After my return was rejected this morning, I went thru the Id.ME process, and downloaded my 2022 tax docs, and found that the number I had was the very number 1) Turbo Tax had picked from last year (I did file an extension, and later the return), and what the IRS had on file.   I did not have any of the PIN numbers listed so I could match them, though...

Can someone help me understand why this isn't going through?   I have a credit card payment, etc. for what I owe, I do not want to send this via mail, and late now at that...

Thanks so much.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

My return was rejected; my 2022 AGI was what was on file with the IRS; what other reason could it have been?

We'd love to help you complete your tax return, but need more information. Can you please clarify your question?

Did you get a message saying that it was your AGI that caused the rejection?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks so much.   The original message I got was, "The IRS Couldn't Confirm [you wife's] Identity."   It highlighted the AGI that was actually correct, and  said correctly entering last year's AGI was the best way to ensure the return can be accepted.   I checked my 2022 .pdf, and it was the same.  

I mailed last year's, because it was so late.  Could the PIN be the issue?

Thanks.

JulieS
Expert Alumni

No, if you filed late last year, try entering 0 for her AGI.

Juliue, quick question if you don't mind, does it stop at the first error do you know?  Wondering if I leave my own as what it actually is will cause to fail afterward as well. ..  Happy to follow your suggestion, I think I have one re-submit, any other suggestions you might have-?   😊

Thanks a lot for your assistance--

Michael

JulieS
Expert Alumni

Unless your wife is listed first on the return, I'd just change hers. If she is first, yes, go ahead and  change both. 

Hi Julie, 

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I would have had no idea to enter 0...  I have re-filed and am waiting, but should have I also have filed an extension (now that I've sent it off) after it fails the day-after the Apr 15th deadline-?   

Thanks,

Michael

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is a FAQ: What if I e-filed on time but my return got rejected after the ...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies