Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

usagibuns

My refund was sent to my green dot account but the account is closed. The irs2go app tells me that my refund is in my closed account for direct deposit. What can I do now

How long will it take for my green dot account to reject the refund? How long will it take until i get the refund by mail? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
CathyB

My refund was sent to my green dot account but the account is closed. The irs2go app tells me that my refund is in my closed account for direct deposit. What can I do now

If the account is closed, the IRS will be unable to deposit the funds electronically and will mail you a paper check to the address provided on your return. This process may take a few days. You can also track your refund on the IRS website to see when the refund was processed. See below for a link to the IRS website for more information.

IRS 2017 Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

thodge121

I had the same thing happen , and it’s been 4 m and still no refund check had to get a taxpayer Advocate and they helped me I should be getting my money this week in the mail
MrsHooks
Returning Member

How

can I update my account and routing number 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@MrsHooks Once you file your return, there is no option to update your banking information afterwards. If you mistakenly entered the wrong bank account information, the IRS will send you a paper check. See more: What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TS81
Returning Member

How did you get a taxpayer advocate?   Please email the answer tho....because I dont even know how to get back on this blog or whatever it is. [email address removed] Travis is my name....been 4 months for me too

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies