Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Refund was RECEIVED and It Gave Me One Bar Last Saturday Now I Checked Today And it’s telling me No information can be Provided and to wait 24 hours AND MY BAR IS GONE

My refund was RECEIVED BY THE IRS last Saturday... Now today I Go to check on the progress it has made and it’s showing the message tha it showed me when I first filed And it states ... NO IMFORMATION CAN BE PROVIDED ABOUT YOUR REFUND PLEASE WAIT 24 HOURS AFTER YOU RECIEVED THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT EMAIL TO CHECK ON THE PROGRESS OF THE REFUND 

AND MY BAR is gone Can Anybody SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHY ? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My Refund was RECEIVED and It Gave Me One Bar Last Saturday Now I Checked Today And it’s telling me No information can be Provided and to wait 24 hours AND MY BAR IS GONE

The bars will go missing from time to time as your return progresses thru the pipeline and this is perfectly normal... do not freak out. 

Does Where’s My Refund? always display my refund status with the tracker showing three steps?

No. In some cases the tracker graphic will not be shown if your return is being reviewed prior to step two: “Refund Approved,” and instead an explanation or instructions will be provided depending on the situation. This can happen even if you previously checked Where’s My Refund? and it showed the status as “Return Received” along with the tracker. In these cases be assured that we have your tax return and we are processing it. Please follow the directions provided by Where’s My Refund? . Otherwise if we need more information we will contact you – usually by mail. If we send you a letter about your return, please follow the instructions in the letter as soon as possible.

You can check the status of your refund via Where's My Refund? According to the IRS, more than 9 out of 10 refunds are processed in 21 days or less. Also, see 2018 Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

Watch this video as this guy is spot on and keep in mind that the IRS budget for these return processors like “Tom” has been reduced every year so there are fewer of them to work these pulled returns. Remember you are just under review at this point, you are NOT being audited. That is a totally separate process and you will be informed by mail of the situation and given time to respond.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies