Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

My refund was accepted but I don't understand as to why I can not track it?

What is the status showing on the Where's My Refund site for your return? 

Sometimes until the IRS starts processing your return the Where's My Refund site may not have any information about your return or it may tell you that you haven't entered your information correctly.  As your return moves through the system the status will be updated accordingly. Keep checking the Where’s My Refund?  site for updates. The IRS updates the site daily, usually in the overnight hours. Also, make sure you are entering the exact amount of your tax return refund (not combined with your state refund), your tax return filing status, and your Social Security number when tracking your refund. If you previously had a status on WMR check back later as high volume can cause an issue of the tracking site giving incorrect status results.

Also, the IRS is experiencing delays in the processing of returns due to a later than usual start to the tax season, a backlog of mailed returns, current tax season returns, and the current round of stimulus payments. Please see this post here byToddL99 for further explanation of why returns are delayed. 

@csellers96

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kevintorrestx
Returning Member

what happened? did you solve it? how did you do it?
kevintorrestx
Returning Member

what happened?did you solve it? how did you do it?
kevintorrestx
Returning Member

what happened?did you solve it?how did you do it 
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@kevintorrestx

Are you now able to track your return?  Please respond here if you need further assistance. 

Why can’t I track my refund anymore I once could but now I can’t 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund as of yet. There's no way to know when the IRS will update your status. If after 21 days of being accepted, you have not received an update via the Where's My Refund tool, you can follow the instructions in the following FAQ to contact the IRS for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

Otherwise, as your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

@Shakil1992

Ok we filed electronically jan.21 2022 it was accepted jan24 but no deposit and can't get no information please help

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

January 24 was the first day of IRS Efiling.   Thousands of returns were probably accepted on that date.

Once the IRS starts processing your return, you will be able to check the status at Where's My Refund? 

If you had child credits on your return, expect your refund to be delayed. 

Did you ever receive it ?

I’m not able to track either it’s been a week

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please see Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? for reasons why you may be unable to track the status of your refund. You can also try calling the WMR automated hotline at 1-800-829-1954 to check the status of your refund.

Refunds usually take about 21 days after the IRS has accepted your e-filed return. Although, sometimes it can take longer. The IRS is taking more than 21 days (and up to 90 to 120 days) to issue refunds for tax returns with the Recovery Rebate Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit. Please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? for more information.

If the IRS has accepted your e-filed return, you can check the status of your refund by going directly to https://www.irs.gov/refunds.

@Melody9712

It’s been five days since mine federal got accepted and I still can’t track mine why is that ? 

@Butlerdakota76 wrote:

It’s been five days since mine federal got accepted and I still can’t track mine why is that ? 

Double-check that your efiled returns were indeed accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, log in and go to the Tax Home and check the efile status.

If accepted, here are some tips when using the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool:

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

Sydney8

My refund was accepted by TurboTax for now 21 days and since the beginning, IRS check my refund never showed my status it shows no track record of my refund is it normal is Turbotax did really filed the tax return? I'm extremely confuse

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies