turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund was $1000 less than what it should be, when I called IRS they said the full amount was sent out. does turbo tax get the money than redistribute it? And would this be where this $1000 Is as a

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My refund was $1000 less than what it should be, when I called IRS they said the full amount was sent out. does turbo tax get the money than redistribute it? And would this be where this $1000 Is as a

That is an amazing difference. Here is what someone sent me when i asked a similar question:

"I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your refund amount. It is hard to determine what happened since you haven't received a letter from the IRS or BFS.

It is possible that apart of your refund was offset by The Department of Treasury's Bureau of the Fiscal Service. If this was the case, you will receive a letter in the mail with more information. You can always contact BFS regarding this as well.

I've attached a link below with more information, as well as contact information."

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc203

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies