jonathon-riggins

My refund was $1000 less than what it should be, when I called IRS they said the full amount was sent out. does turbo tax get the money than redistribute it? And would this be where this $1000 Is as a

richinchrist

That is an amazing difference. Here is what someone sent me when i asked a similar question:

"I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your refund amount. It is hard to determine what happened since you haven't received a letter from the IRS or BFS.

It is possible that apart of your refund was offset by The Department of Treasury's Bureau of the Fiscal Service. If this was the case, you will receive a letter in the mail with more information. You can always contact BFS regarding this as well.

I've attached a link below with more information, as well as contact information."

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc203