turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My refund said it was deposited on the 8th but never got it then I checked another source and it said I have up to13th to be credited if not I should worry

Then I went to irs website and it said my refund has been used for something else am I not going to get a refund
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

My refund said it was deposited on the 8th but never got it then I checked another source and it said I have up to13th to be credited if not I should worry

If the IRS website says that some or all of your refund was being used for an offset then you will not receive that refund.

If they released part of the refund then it is up to your bank to acknowledge the deposit which can take a few days which is why they want you to wait until the 13th to call.

If you chose the option to pay the TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, that is handled by an intermediary company called SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group).   SBTPG receives your funds from the IRS at one of their two banks, subtracts the fees, then sends the rest on to your bank.  SBTPG uses one of 2 banks--Civista Banking of Sandusky, OH, or Green Dot Bank.  Occasionally processing will be delayed at SBTPG, sometimes requiring additional documentation due to fraud-preventive measures, etc.
In addition, if the direct deposit from SBTPG's bank to your bank fails for any reason, it bounces back to SBTPG, who will issue you a check by mail.  Less commonly SBTPG will return the funds to the IRS.
You can log into your temporary account at SBTPG and check the status there to see if there is anything causing a delay and if you need to provide them any additional documentation.
Use the Taxpayer portal to log in at:
https://cisc.sbtpg.com
SBTPG also has a 24-hour automated phone line which will tell you your status, and during the day they have live phone support.  To get the phone numbers, scroll down a little on the following page to where it says "I prepared my return online."

http://support.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/215865528-Contact-Information
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies