Anonymous
Not applicable

My parents and I are sharing a tax software package but on different desktops. Can they see my tax return file for this year?

NashayLO

No. When you complete your tax return on the software, it saves as a tax file to the computer that it was completed on. Although, you can move that tax file to a flash drive, dropbox, cloud, etc...

The only way for them to see your tax return, would be for them to have access to that tax file. So, as long as they are not using your desktop, they won't even have access to your tax file, to bring up your tax return.

NashayLO