Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My NJ state tax refund still says "status = Printed", even though I posted it before the deadline months ago. Where is my refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My NJ state tax refund still says "status = Printed", even though I posted it before the deadline months ago. Where is my refund?

If YOU did not mail the return to the state it has not been filed.  TurboTax does not mail it for you.  And if you did mail it, TT does not know that you put it in an envelope and took it to a mailbox.  The TT account you are looking at will still say "printed" forever--since that it all the software knows about what you did.  TT does not get feedback from the IRS or state after you file your return--whether you e-file it or mail it in an envelope.

When you mail a tax return, it is a good idea to use a mailing service that will track it like UPS or certified mail.  Then you will know the IRS/state received it.

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I did post it prior to the April 15 deadline. I haven't received any confirmation and didn't get it tracked. Is it normal that NJ takes more than 12 weeks to process a mailed return?

According to this NJ did not even start to process returns until March 1, and they take at least 12 weeks to process a mailed return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/discussion/state-refund-processing-timeframe/00/506

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - do you know whether I can post it again? Or post it along with next year's file, next year?

No, you cannot include your 2018 state income with your 2019 tax return next year.  Each year has to be filed separately.  If you did not use tracking so that you know if the state received your 2018 return, you can check the state's web site or you can contact the state to see if it is being processed.   The other thing is--some people make the mistake of mailing their federal and state returns in the same envelope.  They have to go to separate addresses.  If you mailed your state return to the IRS with your federal return, the IRS would just throw the state return away.  Did you do that?  If so, you do need to print and mail another copy of the NJ return to New Jersey--not the IRS.

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/email.shtml

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies