Solved: My mom filed me as a student and I filed my taxes saying that I make money. (I’m 18 in highschool) will anything happen since she filed me as a student and I filed that I work?

My mom filed me as a student and I filed my taxes saying that I make money. (I’m 18 in highschool) will anything happen since she filed me as a student and I filed that I work?

No.  You are both.  You have to file your own return for your income.  Make sure you checked the box that says you can be claimed on someone else’s return.  Did you?  Have you both filed your returns?  Were they both accepted yet?

You can check your efile status here     https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

Yes I checked that box, I already filed mine and got accepted. They haven’t filed theirs. So it’s okay that they claimed me as a student with no income and I filed my taxes separately because I do have a job?

Yes you have to file your own return.   So on your actual 1040 the first box is checked right under your name where it says Standard Deduction?  They don't put down your income on their return.  If you are under 19 they can claim you no matter how much you make.

Yes I checked the boxes that say I can be claimed and will be claimed if those are the boxes you’re referring to.