Solved: My Illinois tax refund was supposed to be $2219 and only $1950 was deposited in my account. What could be the reason for the reduced refund?

My Illinois tax refund was supposed to be $2219 and only $1950 was deposited in my account. What could be the reason for the reduced refund?

The state will send you a letter telling you why they reduced your refund.  It is possible that you owed back taxes or traffic fines for tickets, etc.  IL does offset tax refunds for such things.  The state does not provide any information to TurboTax about offsets or reductions in your refund.

If you want to call the state:

https://www2.illinois.gov/rev/aboutidor/Pages/contactus.aspx

If you want to call the state:

Thanks so much for the info and quick reply!

or they may have made an adjustment for a data entry error.