Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal return is filed and paid for. I didn't do a state return and would like to delete it so I stop getting email reminders.

I use the online software.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

My federal return is filed and paid for. I didn't do a state return and would like to delete it so I stop getting email reminders.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can delete your state tax return by following the steps in this TurboTax Help Article.  

@trishcallis 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I had to go through all the steps as if I were completing the state return before the "delete" button appeared.  But I finally got it deleted!

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Glad to hear; thanks for the update.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I get email reminders telling me to file by October 16th,   but I already filed back in April.   How  can I stop the annoying emails from Intuit and Turbo Tax?    I'll unsubscribe if I have to and just open a new account next year..

@gerristoner Users who have multiple accounts often start a return in one account and then switch to another account to finish and file; the "old" account often generates reminder emails that you can ignore.  Since tonight is e-filing deadline for 2022, the emails will likely stop since you cannot e-file after tonight.  Ignore the reminders.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies