I don’t know what happens but the turbo tax I used said yesterday april 20 that I was get 1800 and somthing in big green numbers on the top of the screen and 402 on state but I haven’t seen any money in my account and turbo tax says that the irs has taken my money but the irs web site says it still being prodded and a refund date will be provided when available
@Randycarver Processing means the IRS is working on it.
The IRS is having a hard time this year. Each return must be cross checked for the normal and now with the new laws:
- stimulus- is it correct, pay missing amounts, do they need to be added for the new stimulus
- unemployment - is it on there, was it filed with the $10,200 subtraction, does it need to be adjusted
- premium tax credit - is it on there, is there an amount due, adjust the return
- EIC - is it on, were they banned, is there a record of release to claim?
- Child credit -anybody else claim, how old are kids, what is allowed
- typos, offset, and so on for still more, it is a long process this year to check each return for so many things.
The IRS is also processing returns mailed in last year and handling the current stimulus. They have scheduled this summer to adjust unemployment on returns.
The more items on your return, the more complicated the processing. Some people are getting their refund in two parts.
- Why do some refunds take longer than others?
- Blog post: Where's My Refund? Top 5 Reasons It's Been Delayed
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"