Solved: My employer is refusing to send out w2s until friday the 10th. I thought the last day was feb 1st. when is the correct date?

timbue-tb

My employer is refusing to send out w2s until friday the 10th. I thought the last day was feb 1st. when is the correct date?

ddaven12

Employers are actually supposed to send out W-2 statements no later than January 31. If you have not received your Form W-2 by February 14, please contact the IRS for assistance at 1-800-829-1040.

ddaven12

timbue-tb

It seemed like my employer waited until the 14th because she won't get fined before that, might as well make the deadline the 14th to send them out if they don't get penalized before then.