Solved: My data changed on my state taxes after inadvertently clicking 'use standard deduction' and now I cannot fix it.

neeshact

My data changed on my state taxes after inadvertently clicking 'use standard deduction' and now I cannot fix it.

KatherineC

Please log in to your tax return

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Wrap up tax breaks
  • When the Analyzing is Complete, click on Continue

On the next screen, you will get a message about the Standard Deduction or Itemized Deduction.  The screen will tell you which deduction is being taken.  Under that is a check box to change your deduction. (Please see Screenshot below)

Keep in mind that if you change to Itemized Deductions, you may have to upgrade from the free version of TurboTax.

KatherineC

Please log in to your tax return

• Click on Federal Taxes
  • Click on Deductions and Credits