Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jdl1012

My bank account was closed and I have Direct DEPOSIT what happens now with my refund?

Rutemuj.. was your check rejected by bank and sent back to irs? Mine was my ddd was 2/27 my account was not activated in time so the bank sent it back. What’s my next step from here
ebomira1

My bank account was closed and I have Direct DEPOSIT what happens now with my refund?

My check was deposited a day early (26th) and sent back the same day. I'll keep you all posted as to when my paper check comes.
jdl1012

Ebomira1 great I’ll do the same because mine was sent back on the 26 th also wen my deposit date was 27 no later than the 4th hopefully we get info at same time
jdl1012

Update** I talked with Santa Barbara bank which is the bank TB uses they sent my check out yesterday should receive it any day now call their bank they will ask a few security questions then give u all the info about your check .. hope it works out and your process was as quick as mine

What is the # to call and really talk with someone about my important information? Like frfr
Kadian

If the IRS is unable to deposit your refund into your bank account, they will send you check in the mail.

So how long does it take to receive check in mail if bank account was closed?

Mine took about 2-3 days if I remember correctly. Wasn’t more than a week.

my bank closed my account. How long will it take to get a check In the mail

My check was issued on March 6th and I received it on March 9th.

my bank closed my account. My check was not returned yet to the irs. But when they send my check how long will it take to get a check in the mail

It was to be direct deposited on Feb 22nd and it bounced back to the IRS on the 27th. Mailed out on the 6th and received by the 9th.

that was last year?

Yeah this was last year.
48halls

@nytodelawaregirl....how did you keep up with the dates of you money being deposited, then the date of the bounce back to irs, then the date of the mail out check? Where can I find this?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies