turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My amended return has been adjusted, when will i receive the check?

@tctaylor821 I filed back in jan mid feb had the still processing had to do ID verify then come to find out my reported earnings didn't match my return so I amended end of feb via a tax advocate my amended didn't get adjusted till March 23 and then finalized beg of April and now they finally sent my check today so I hope to get it soon so good luck

@linealynn30 oh wow...well congrats on finally receiving your refund. Did the advocate give u a date when u might receive your refund?

@tctaylor821 as soon as I receive in the mail it was sent out today all amended returns come via paper  check
jcjr0412

Do they dd your amended refund are does it only come in the maik please help i amended with turbo prepaid card and got email saying my refund was deposited on may 7th but everyone says they only mail amended refunds im confused will i still be getting a check in the mail
jcjr0412

The money was on my card like they said

They only mail amended return checks. Did you actually amend (1040X), or just correct a rejected efile?

I was told by my advocate they would process the refund how I chose to receive my original refund. I’m hearing mailed check from some and a few have said they received the amended return refund via DD. It may be a case by case situation. I’m hoping for DD.

@tctaylor821 from my understanding is all amended are paper checks mailed from what my advocate said but who knows the whole irs system has been crazy this year mine is coming paper check and I had originally done direct deposit

What’s the longest anybody has had to wait to receive their check in the mail. I’m on week 2 now. It was originally sent out on 4/4/18 but was returned back to irs on 4/16/18 for whatever reason nobody can tell me why. They sent out another one on 4/24/18 & I have yet to receive it.
jc-yifith

WMAR says my amended return was completed on 4/6/18. I’ve yet to receive any notice or a check.

@jc.yifith wow. That’s ridiculous. Have you called to see if they could put a trace on it ? Mine WMAR says completed on 4/27/18..I called today and they said to give it 4 weeks to receive it and if I haven’t received my check by 5/22/18 then to call back 5/23/18 and they will issue another one.
toya4591

I amended my return as well my advocate called me and said that they released my money this morning and it will go directly to my band account... hope this help will keep you all updated congratulations @linealynn30
toya4591

Bank

I’m hoping for the same result. I’m supposed to hear back next week. I will also keep everyone updated. Congratulations @toya4591

Awesome @toya4591 I got a paper check in mail today finally this nightmare is over omg the worst tax year ever
Manage cookies