stephbercht

My address on my k-1 is wrong. Do I need to request an amendment?

Hi,

I noticed that whoever filled out my K-1 used the wrong address for me. Is this something that requires an amendment?

Thanks,
Steph
CherylW

No, don't amend.

Amendments (1040X) are only for additional income statements, or changes in filing.

This webpage gives you info on how to change your address:

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an... 

stephbercht

Hi, thanks for the response. I suppose I miscommunicated. I didn't mean if I should amend my tax return - these have my correct address. I meant if I should request a revised K-1 with the proper address? (The k-1 I received from my partnership is the one with the wrong address)
CherylW

You don't need to request a new one for your 1040, just make sure it's corrected with the partnership for the future.  For this year, don't worry about it.
stephbercht

Okay. Thank you very much, Cheryl W
fmartin09

We have an S corp and my partner lives in FL. When I filled out her K1 I put GA (force of habit.)  Do I need to amend my entire tax return? I don't want to state of GA to go after her. Please, advise.

JotikaT2

Yes, you should amend the return to reflect that she does not have any activity in Georgia.  Otherwise, she may be required to file a tax return there to report her activity if she ends up meeting the filing requirements there.

Georgia Filing requirements

You would only need to amend the state return as the federal return would not be affected by the change in state.

@fmartin09