turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

My 2019 Amended return is not processed by IRS yet, Neither the status is available online. Since in Aug 2020 IRS has enabled e-file of 2019 amended return. Can I efile?

You can follow the instructions here to get your prior year AGI. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
RRC21

My 2019 Amended return is not processed by IRS yet, Neither the status is available online. Since in Aug 2020 IRS has enabled e-file of 2019 amended return. Can I efile?

I used 0, it worked.

4theduck
Returning Member

I'm in the same situation, IRS website shows they received in July 2020 but has not been process, I messed up and mailed it a 2nd time thinking they had not received it. I'm sure that didn't help either.  Now they aren't even taking calls so I can't ask questions. Very frustrating to say the least and I didn't receive the 2nd stimmy and looks like I'll be in the same boat for the 3rd stimmy, I'm sure this has something to do with it.   

Yes, it takes a long time for the IRS to process 2019 tax returns. Lot's on them haven't been processed yet, and it's hard to predict when the IRS will be able to resume their normal operations with all the additional work with stimulus they're doing. 

As for your missing second stimulus payment, you should claim it with your tax return in the Rebate recovery tax credit section. 

Loveandhipbop
Returning Member

I didn’t know that I could have a rebate to get the stimulus I have not received the first stimulus check because of my AGI from last year’s taxes therefore I am old or three stimulus checks what am I supposed to do I still have not received my taxes from last year as you can clearly see they just excepted my taxes for 2020 however I still need to get my taxes from last year do you follow me clearly I’m explaining like I’m four years old it’s not that hard to figure out what am I to do to get all of my money that I work for it’s a simple question if you can help please give me direct answers on what I need to do thank you

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

The initial stimulus check received in 2019 had certain requirements to be met to receive it and they also determined how much would be received.  You said your agi was too high to get a 2019 stimulus check. 

So, since you have just sent them your 2020 return, did you complete the Recovery Rebate Credit section to determine if you were eligible for a stimulus check in 2020?

Now, with the passage of the American Rescue Plan, IRS is now in the process of determining eligibility for a Third Stimulus Check to be distributed in 2021 based on information on your 2019 and 2020 income tax returns.

The 2021 (Third) Stimulus check will be automatically calculated by IRS and either distributed to those who qualify or not distributed to those who do not.

Here are a couple of IRS links you can check:

2021 Economic Impact Payment Status Available

Find when and how we sent your 2021 Economic Impact Payment with the Get My Payment tool.

Get My Payment IRS Link

COVID-19 Mail Processing Delays

It’s taking us longer to process mailed documents including:

• Paper tax returns, and
  • All tax return related correspondence.

We are processing all mail in the order we received it.

Do not file a second tax return or call the IRS.

IRS Where's My Refund Link

cozine45

I have the same problem. I am actually a former tax lawyer. I mailed my 2019 amended return in September, 2020. Then, in February, 2021, I  sent them another copy with a cover letter explaining that the enclosed form is a replica of what I mailed in September, 2020. 

As far as I can tell, only Drake software supports an amended efiling of a 2019 return, but I am sure there are other providers. I dont agree with the IRS or others that say not to mail it again. I hink that is hogwash, personally.

I am now looking for a professional who will be able to do this for me instead of getting bogged down in purchasing the professional software, like Lacerte or Drake, which require you have an EFIN number (which I do), but it is still a big pain in the neck. 

I am in the exact same situation re. my amended 2020 return. Are you saying I should use my original filed 2020 return AGI, etc. when I try to e-file my 2021 return with TurboTax in a couple of months? I'll have a big refund coming for 2021's return and would hope it won't be indefinitely delayed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you always use the AGI from the original return, not the amended return.  If that doesn't work then try using 0 zero.  It took a long time for the IRS to process 2020 returns so you may have to use 0 AGI to efile 2021.  

tasha6868

I'm in the same situation about 2019 Amended return. It says on the IRS website they received it Nov 20, 2020 and still not processed. They give a number to call and it be super busy and automatically hangs up on you and stay try again later.

My state already processed mines as well. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies