WesamAbdulky

Mistake in Non-filers

So I filed Non-filers and checked the my parents claim me as dependant by mistake. And thus, i haven't received my stimulus check.  My parents don't claim me as a dependant on their file. Is there any way i can fix this?

SusanY1

Mistake in Non-filers

Unfortunately, there is no way to fix this mistake this year.   However, you will be able to claim the economic impact payment as a credit on your 2020 tax return when you file in 2021.  Note that if you qualify to be a dependent, but your parents simply chose not to claim you, you are still not eligible for a payment.

SusanY1

Mistake in Non-filers

WesamAbdulky

Mistake in Non-filers

I have never filed taxes before, I'm a new immigrant working a part-time job. So, is there any website where i can see instructions on how to do this next year?