turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is Tax Act 152 the same as the path act message?

Just got off the ? with ms Moore from the irs she stated that some refunds will be released Feb 15 that have the PATH message she couldn't give me a date cause their system don't show one she also stated this new law was new to them so they really don't have a answer to give us but check the website so looks like ill be waiting till the 15 for an update

Bkearns92 when did you file?
bkearns92

@amgatesmca on the 31st

He block site gives me.... 25Congratulations! The IRS accepted your return on 2017-01-25, which means your federal taxes are complete. The IRS is currently preparing your refund. We'll update our systems when your Refund Transfer funds have been loaded onto your Emerald Card.
I ordered both transcripts and have path since 1-25. So what's y'alls opinion on my return?

This year is crazy...Accepted on the jan23rd
PATH on February 4th  i have both credits still waiting

@gradylady36   It is quite honestly insane, agreed!
Today is 22 days since "Opening Day"
33 days since I was accepted in "test batch"
Filed 1/3
Accepted 1/12
Both credits, head of household, 3 dependents
PATH message 1/27 (ordered both transcripts)
2/4 received transcripts with cycle 20170405 and processing date of 2-13-17 with no Hold/Freeze/Notice codes.
Have received no letters or notices from IRS.

The IRS could have done a better job with informing us on updates with this new law and to  not inform us on weather we were approved or still processing is just wrong I shouldn't be punished for having kids an qualifying for those tax credits I worked hard on the same job for 10years an get taxed heavily its sad it really is
bkearns92

@hurleysris your message that you have from IRS is vague. it states your refund has been "accepted", but not approved yet. i guess all we can do is wait.. hopefully a large load of questions will be answered tomorrow. so we will have to wait and see!
bkearns92

@gradylady36 i agree. same thing for us, except my husband and I got married last summer, so i am worried that would cause something weird to pop up with identities.
bkearns92

not to mention it was my first year doing it myself through turbo tax. so im a little worried i messed something up. lol

Mine says tax topic 152 but with different top message.  I was paper audited for 2014 math mistake.  Will my refund take a long time?

Just called 866 682 7451 ext 568 they will be releasing path filers money on the 15 she also stated that we won't know what time that day they will start releasing so good luck to everyone if its been over 21 days they can research your taxes my hold time was less than 5min

Hmm, i have no path message "yet" i filed and was accepted on 2/7
jshawk420

Ive had the path act since i was accepted on the 23. Called today and they are sending a letter out but she didnt know why

Releasing all path on the 15th? Or just certain accepted dates people?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies