Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DaisyDae

Mailed Taxes

I had to mail in my taxes for the year of 2022 , since doing so back in April they are saying they have not received it yet when i log onto the IRS website. Where do i go from here ? Do i send it again ? Is there someone i can talk too this a very unfortunate situation considering its already late two years but to say they haven't received it is screwing me even more. I'm totally lost in the situation & don't really know what to do when you call the IRS for info they say "if you're calling regarding previous years please redirect to our website" 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Mailed Taxes

Mail with tracking. 

Mailed Taxes

Mail it again and this time use a service like certified mail so you will get confirmation that it was received.  It will take at least four weeks for a human at the IRS to open your envelope and enter the return into the system.   Once it has been entered, you will be able to track your refund on the IRS refund site.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS/state refund sites.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2023 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies