wavvyboyj

Mail my refund?

My bank account was recently closed so I need my refund mailed is this possible if I already sent my tax information?

AustinTS

Mail my refund?

Since you have already e-filed your tax return, you would have to first wait and see if your tax return is accepted or rejected. If your return is rejected you can go back and change the refund method and/or banking information. 

If accepted the IRS will first attempt to deposit your refund into the bank account. Since the account is closed, the IRS will then send you a paper check in the mail. As an alternative, you can contact IRS E-file payment services at 1-888-353-4537 for assistance in correcting the banking information

AustinTS

Mail my refund?