Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Line 30 Left Blank

After filing my 2021 return, I realized that Line 30 (pertaining to the Stimulus payment) was left blank in error. I did receive a payment. I filed my taxes on January 24th and they were accepted by the IRS the same day. The IRS app and Where’s My Refund both say that my return is still “processing”, over a month after filing. I’m unsure if the delay is due to leaving Line 30 blank or if it’s because I am to receive the other half of the Child Tax Credit (I know lawfully they couldn’t release any returns with CTC prior to February 15th). Will the IRS correct this? Or should I go ahead and file an amended return without the IRS having reached out to me stating there’s an issue with Line 30 being left blank? I know that this can cause more delays that I’d like to avoid if I don’t have to go the amended return route. Thanks in advance!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Line 30 Left Blank

If you already received the 3rd EIP payment last year then line 30 should be blank.  

If you are getting the child tax credit that is on line 28.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

21 days is not a promise----it was only an estimate.   Please watch the IRS refund site for information about your refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies