Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Line 30 and Tax Refund: Huge Issue

I filed in January and my return was accepted 2/10. My return says “still processing” and code 152 for weeks. Anyway... HUGE problem. When preparing my taxes Turbo Tax asked if I’d received my stimulus checks and I said yes. Fast forward to yesterday and I find out that $1100 was put on Line 30 by Turbo Tax. I never asked for this to be added. I said I’d gotten both checks. So now IRS is holding my return because of apparently some glitch in TT’s system. Am I supposed to just let this fix itself through the IRS system? Or do I have to amend my taxes? I filed early to get my refund and now I’m waiting way longer than even later filers. On Reddit there are an absolute ton of TT filers with the same issue. I honestly don’t know how to fix this. 
p.s. TT should be required to refund filing fees for everyone they did this to.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If your return has been accepted you will have to wait and see if your refund includes the additional credit. The IRS might adjust the amount automatically. Please see IRS Recovery Rebate Credit Q D2 What happens if I claim the incorrect amount? for additional information. If not then you will need to amend your return (1040X) and send the funds back to the IRS. Please see  FAQ How to amend a tax return for instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Ok thank you for the info. Do you know what Turbo Tax is doing on their end to help filers that were exposed to this glitch? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies