Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

meangirl

Has anyone received their refund yet after calling to verify when you received a letter from tbe IRS? I was hoping not to wait the 9 weeks but it's already been 4!!!

@sickuud No. they warned me when I called and did the verification that it could be 9 weeks, but it wasn’t...it was direct deposited in 2 weeks.

Has anyone received their refund yet after calling to verify when you received a letter from tbe IRS? I was hoping not to wait the 9 weeks but it's already been 4!!!

Same  think happened to my husband we got a letter he called and verified his identity by phone then 2 weeks later we get a letter that as of the date on that letter, which was April 5th,  it would take  9 weeks and if he did hear back from them within 60 days to call.. we were never able to get through with the # they provided until we started messing with the automated system and finally got someon on the other line just to tell us that they didn’t knw why it was not done yet, but that we had to wait another 60 and if it’s still not processed to call and let them knw. We filed in February, verified in March, they started counting 9 wks in April, we are going into July and still nothing. Ugh!!

Same  think happened to my husband we got a letter he called and verified his identity by phone then 2 weeks later we get a letter that as of the date on that letter, which was April 5th,  it would take  9 weeks and if he did hear back from them within 60 days to call.. we were never able to get through with the # they provided until we started messing with the automated system and finally got someon on the other line just to tell us that they didn’t knw why it was not done yet, but that we had to wait another 60 and if it’s still not processed to call and let them knw. We filed in February, verified in March, they started counting 9 wks in April, we are going into July and still nothing. Ugh!!
khelmi86-

I just received notification that mine will be deposited into.my account on 07/12/2018. After I waited over 6 weeks from the verification date, I called and the irs lady of course was snippy and short and unhelpful. So I called the office of tax advocate and spoke to a nice lady named Becky. She asked me told me what to do and I did it. She.did some research and knew exactly what went wrong in my case and got it all fixed for in 3 weeks and now im.expecting deposit on the 12th!! Yayyy!!

@khelmi86!
How can I contact Becky?
WillK
Intuit Alumni

I know it is extremely frustrating waiting on the IRS to get your refund processed after you have verified your information. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but wait. The other taxpayers in your position have posted here saying it has been an average of 5-6 weeks for them to get the refund, some longer. Keep checking the wheres my refund site to see if any information has changed. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I still haven't got mine and I have been waiting Since Jan 26th !!... I called afterbi showed them proff of who I was . And she told me 9 weeks..m i waited 9 in a half weeks never got it.. I called and the lady said it was never sent in to be processed. So she sent it in for me . And she said it would take up to another 9 weeks . And here it is and I still HAVEN'T GOT IT
steps442

Wooow i went on the 2 and still nothing
jeff29b

I received the 9001 code when I first called about it they told me they had 2 different refunds wit my ss# wth then the guy transferred me to someone else and she told me I just needed to verify my identity but I had to wait to receive the letter from IRS so I can tell them what the letter say  21 days up no letter wth so I stayed patient I received my letter today so I called again what they wanted me to do was verify my mothers maiden name previous tax year and this year return then they said it will take 2 to 9 weeks wth they say they tell people 9 weeks because they are backed up because of the government shut down but it’s very possible they can get to it sooner and she gave me a number to an advocate if I wanted to go that rout but if I do it’s out of IRS hands and it can be done faster or take longer so on that part I don’t know if I should wait it out or get the advocate I just want my money to pay my dam bills just give it here so I can give it away 

So my question would be what do you guys think is the best choice

jeff29b

I forgot they will need the letter number and the control number off the letter that’s why they pretty much can’t do anything till you receive the letter
jennyewo

Just called IRS now I have to verify myself after I have faxed in 1095&8962
jeff29b

After verifying my identity they told me 9 weeks to get my refund but I received it in a little under 2 weeks so dont panic about the wait time
jennyewo

Thanks Jeff I am so frustrated I really have the WMR blues

I have to verify again so I’m waiting on another letter this is ridiculous
jeff29b

Np its coming
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies