Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

willg43-

How long does it take to recieve remainder of my refund after tax offsets are taken out

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How long does it take to recieve remainder of my refund after tax offsets are taken out

The remainder of your refund will be processed as usual; an offset shouldn't delay it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4143297

View solution in original post

153 Replies

The remainder of your refund will be processed as usual; an offset shouldn't delay it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4143297

Well the offset is delaying my refund. My DDD was 2/22... and I haven’t received anything!

@Hannah.fick1988 was it a student loan? I have a irs debt and they said they can’t give me a date until they deduct the money owed from my refund? I filed 1/22!! How long could it possible take! Ugh.

I had to get 800.00 to the IRS themselves. Does it take long to get remaining balance.  I filled and was accepted 2/15/2018. How much longer?

Mine was delayed, as well. My refund was "accepted" on 02/01/2018; it is now 02/28/2018 and my refund still shows "processing". I did speak to the IRS over the phone (after 21 days had passed) and was advised it is delayed because they are processing an offset; they advised a 1-2 week delay in the refund. Hopefully the remainder of my refund will be approved and released within the next week. I'll keep you updated.
tfitch110

Hwaite0514 keep us posted. Very similar situation as you- we e-filed and we’re acceptes on 2/6 and husband owed back taxes. We called and they said something to the effect of the refund is waiting to be released.

@tfitch110 same situation. Was told everything was processed but I had to wait for the rest to be released. She said if it wasn’t by the 16th Of march then to call back but that she didn’t think that would be the case
kash2131

Hello All 🙂 I had my refund sent out February 28 2018 & they took the amount that I owed on Feb 28. The same day sent out. Now I'm just waiting on remaining bal of my refund. They should be direct deposit the money in my account. But it's now March 2, 18 & still no money?! How long does it take to get rest of refund back, they done took out there share now I'm waitin... Still.. & can they do direct deposit any time of the day?? Thank you- hope all gets there $$$$ fast god bless. -Katie

@kash2131 the money you owed was to the irs? Did you have any other offsets not money owed to the irs?

I was told money owed to the irs was quick, no delay in issuing your refund because the money goes to them and they release but if you have an offset to anyone else they then send it to them first they remove the money then it gets released to you. So it takes a couple more days.
kash2131

@javier.jmoreno25. No I don't owe nothing else just that, & I called them they said it was collected the day my refund was sent out Feb 28. But that's it, & I guess now it's a waiting game?! Since they got there part will they still put it in my bank account or just send a check? And can it post in my account any time of day? Thanks 🙂 -Katie
kash2131

Oh & no I don't owe irs it's to child support but they said there part was sent out all ready! So where's the rest that goes to me at?? So confused lol

Okay so that means your whole refund was sent to them. Then they will release the rest to you. So it takes longer because it leaves the irs then goes to child support, then they release it to you. So it could be a few more days.

kash2131

Oh okay! I didn't think they could send all of it to them I thought irs would send there part then rest to me. But great advise & thank you 🙂 have a great day
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies