Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7623poop

Its February 15th and im still getting this PATH message . My taxes were received by irs and showed that on the bar now all i get is this stupid message. why? has anyone else's changed?

if you are filing joint try the other s.s.n
7623poop

Its February 15th and im still getting this PATH message . My taxes were received by irs and showed that on the bar now all i get is this stupid message. why? has anyone else's changed?

mine is a simple refund no eic or no credits and mine is still sitting the same way and its been 21 days

How often does wmr update???
dloper25
Returning Member

No update for me. SMH. I did see an article on the IRS website about the whole path law and that people who do claim those credits will see deposits by 2/27 and that there will be a major update 2/23. Im trying to find that article again so i can copy and paste it. Its from the IRS website itself. Filed and accepted 1/22 .. had 1 bar for a few days - that disappeared to the PATH message then last Saturday until now i have the "ur refund is being processed" message.
dloper25
Returning Member

@millymil81 it only updates once a day which is usually over night.
dloper25
Returning Member

Here is the article - I just mentioned -
I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?
According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting Feb. 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC and ACTC refund filers on February 23. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where's My Refund? ?or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these taxpayers should not contact or call them about refunds before the end of February.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions">https://www.irs.gov/refund...>

@dloper25 thanks for the article

i filed in january... got 2/6 as ddd.. nothing still.  actually got my state back first. surprise. ugh i am glad to see i am not alone... but not happy about the delay... i am trying to secure a summer rental!!
dloper25
Returning Member

@millymil81 welcome!

I have the same issue. I filed on 01/17 and accepted on 01.28. The PATH message finally went away and just says accepted and processing. It didn't take this long last year! I went into Turbo Tax reading everything and it looks like they may DDD by 02/27, but this is BS! Mine has almost been, well, actually its been 5 weeks today! I am almost ready to call the IRS. If the shutdown is over then the office should be staffed, right?

JUST GIVE ME A REFUND DATE, DAMNIT!!!!

@megan.jones same here! Same message “we received your taxes and they are being processed “ I don’t understand what the hold up is... no DDD  mine were accepted on 1/17 by the irs this is been almost 5 weeks

I found this on the website. The IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, although some require additional time. You should only call if it has been:
•21 days or more since you e-filed
•6 weeks or more since you mailed your return, or when
•"Where's My Refund" tells you to contact the IRS

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before February 15. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards on February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

Do a 2019 Paycheck Checkup and adjust your withholding with your employer now to make sure your withholding is right for next year.
asfinkley

What it seems like is all the early filers got screwed because I filed on 1/24 got accepted 1/25i had the path act showing up until last Saturday. Now it says processing. I filed my sister taxes the first week of February and last Sunday she got a DDD for 2/22. I’m never filing early again. Next year I’ll file on the 15th
dloper25
Returning Member

@megan.jones  @asfinkley - yuppp right there with the both of ya ! Ive been accepted since 1/22 .. last year they did this whole PATH BS and i had my deposit 2/22 ! I found this artcile though .. so hopefully its tru. Says update for majority is 2/23 - this is from the IRS website .. Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC and ACTC refund filers on February 23. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where's My Refund? ?or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these taxpayers should not contact or call them about refunds before the end of February.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies