Solved: It says my Federal Tax return was Accepted on the ...

dave800

It says my Federal Tax return was Accepted on the 21st of January by the IRS but I also have heard that the IRS doesn't start accepting returns untill Monday Jan 27th, since mine was accepted on the 2

Kat

The IRS doesn't officially open tax season until January 27, 2019.  However, they typically do accept a few batches of returns filed early as a sort of test run.  It appears that your return was in one of those batches.

Congratulations on having your 2019 return accepted!

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Kat