Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It’s been over 30 days and I still haven’t received my refund. Is there a delay?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

It’s been over 30 days and I still haven’t received my refund. Is there a delay?

There are sometimes delays in processing. The IRS lists the common reasons for delays. You can find that list here: IRS FAQ page. The page below will cover this topic in detail:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302084

You can call the IRS, if it has been longer than 21 days from the date your return was accepted, at 1-800-829-1040. There is a high call volume.   

When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1.  

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language.  

Then Press 1   

Then Press 4  

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rpowell87
Returning Member

no one is in the office because of the covid 19 pandemic.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends. 

The IRS issues a lot of refunds within 21 days, but it has been taking longer with the stimulus payment being issued in addition to the tax refunds. 

IRS processing time and refund status 

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

Also, be aware, the IRS operations are limited during the Covid-19 pandemic.  Attached is a link with more information as to what departments are available to contact at the moment.

IRS operations

Terry7437

iam asking the same question

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Your state and federal returns are processed separately so you can receive one before the other. IRS anticipates most taxpayers will receive their federal refund within 21 days of when they file electronically, with direct deposit, if there are no issues with their return. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks for the IRS to update your return status. 

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. We can't give you an exact date or time. TurboTax is not connected to the IRS or state department(s) of revenue refund tracking tools. The date given in TurboTax is an estimate of when you may receive your return. The IRS gives the actual deposit date and issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.

See the video in this link for a really good explanation of the process: 

https://www.refundschedule.com/irs-wheres-refund-status-bars-disappeared/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies