The IRS is extremely backed up. Their phone number is 800-829-1040.
There are various reasons your refund may take longer than 21 days. It’s important to remember that the IRS and state agencies distribute refunds, and TurboTax has no insight into why a refund is taking longer than the usual 21 days.
Claiming the following credits may delay refunds past 21 days:
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and/or an Additional Child Tax Credit (CTC)
- Recovery Rebate Credit (only if there is a mistake in the amount)
Use the following articles to help your customer understand why refunds may take longer than 21 days.
Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:
- Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
- Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
- Identity fraud
- Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process
Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I found why it took so long. Turdbowl Tax screwed up our tax return, and we got less than half what TT filed for. Maybe I'll have a blind homeless person file for us next year.