Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jeff1979e

It's been 40 days since I filed and my return was accepted... Why is it taking so long?!

There are no issues withy return, nor has Turbotax informed me of anything. The IRS is always to blame when a question is asked! Where is my return?!?!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

It's been 40 days since I filed and my return was accepted... Why is it taking so long?!

Blame Congress.  It keeps changing the tax law and adding to the IRS workload, but with no additional funding to support it.  The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the extra stimulus filings, as well as a few million unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.  Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient. Also see:

What led to IRS backlog: ‘Thin workforce,’ new pandemic relief programs | Federal News Network

Why is my tax refund taking so long? The IRS may not tell you, but this report offers clues (msn.com...

jeff1979e

Thanks for making it clear on whom to blame, I've been patient... When there was an issue with stimulus going into the wrong accounts here recently, it was someone else's fault, the IRS was the one to blame then. My patience is thin! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies