turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The printed page on my Schedule 7 Indiana return showed both my wife and I had "DIED" in 2017 - not true! Indiana sent a "corrected filing" that increased my "Taxes Due"

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The printed page on my Schedule 7 Indiana return showed both my wife and I had "DIED" in 2017 - not true! Indiana sent a "corrected filing" that increased my "Taxes Due"

On Indiana Schedule 7, the year of death is "preprinted" on the form. It does not indicate the actual date of death unless the date and the month are also printed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

On Indiana Schedule 7, the year of death is "preprinted" on the form. It does not indicate the actual date of death unless the date and the month are also printed.

The form has a line for indicating death of one or both joint filers.  It does NOT need “2017” to be inserted into that line’s boxes.  TurboTax is in error and it may cause me to file an explanation.

It is on the state's official form and TurboTax is required to replicate it.
      <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.in.gov/dor/5695.htm">https://www.in.gov/dor/5695.htm</a>
      message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
      Manage cookies