Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is TurboTax web down?

I have been trying to file my taxes all week, today is my last day to file for housing reasons, but every time I go to the next step on the website it brings me back to the beginning of asking which type of filing do I want, then when I finally get to the review it says oops hit a snag. Hasn’t changed all week long, and I’m starting to panic 😅

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Is TurboTax web down?

Where exactly do you get the snag message? When entering direct deposit information or when paying?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is TurboTax web down?

It is doing it in a few areas. I went back to my income page to double check that I have everything in there and once I hit edit it brings up a "!" symbol and wont allow me to edit. If I click anywhere (to go back a step or forward a step) it refreshes the page and brings me to the beginning window of asking me my tax circumstances to fit me with the best turbo tax option, and I will go through those steps several times (usually around 3-4 times it will keep popping up) and then it will allow me to move onto the next step. I did this over and over until I finally got to the state taxes portion and as soon as I get to the review section it brings up the "oops we hit a snag" window. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Is TurboTax web down?

What you are seeing is usually related to your internet connection. Check to make sure you have a good, strong internet connection. If you are using a vpn, you might need to temporarily disconnect it. Same with anti-virus software. 

Is TurboTax web down?

It isnt my internet connection as it is doing it on my mobile version as well. Nothing has worked. I finally talked to someone who told me to file for extension and that is also stuck within a loop. Not sure what to do at this point

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Is TurboTax web down?

You can use the link below to file an extension by mail, in TurboTax or on the IRS site. 

You are allowed to file for an extension by using the Extension to File IRS website. You can also file and extension with TurboTax by clicking the link below.

Next I would consider finishing your return using a computer instead of your mobile if you haven't tried that. 

@Hailanny21 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies