turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bkling
Returning Member

Is there really no way to go back in the online version and review/edit a worksheet?

I hope I am wrong, this would be insane to allow a customer to complete a tax filing and at the review at the very end, if I've made a mistake and want to review/correct a worksheet entry that I can't do it?! Please tell me I am wrong and there is a way to do this, I would love to be wrong!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Is there really no way to go back in the online version and review/edit a worksheet?

If you  no longer see, "Take me to my return/Continue my return" on your account.  To get around that issue, you will do the following:

·       Click on Taxes, and then click on My Tax Timeline

·       Locate your 2016 tax return on that page

·       Find  "Some things you can do" under your 2016 tax return information

·       Choose Add State (you don't actually add one; that's just to get the return to open up.)

·       Now you can make any changes necessary in your return. .

NOTE:  Do not use this method to change a return that has already been efiled or actually mailed. In that case, one would need to go through the formal amendment process to prepare a Form 1040X, which needs to start with the return as originally filed.

bkling
Returning Member

OK, but how/where can I access a worksheet for a form? For me specifically I'm looking for Form 1116, I don't see how to do this...

Where do I enter the foreign tax credit (Form 1116) or deduction?

Both the credit and the deduction are entered in the same place.

After entering all your foreign income, here's what you do:

Open your return.
(To do this, sign in to TurboTax and click the orange Take me to my return button.)

Do a search for foreign tax credit and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.

Click Continue and carefully follow the onscreen instructions.

In most cases, taking the credit works out better than the deduction. We'll help you decide which one's best for you when you go through the foreign tax screens.

If you choose to take the credit (most people do), we'll attach Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit if your situation requires it.

Note: You won't be able to take a credit or deduction for taxes paid (or accrued) on excluded foreign earned income or housing. This is because excluded income and housing isn't taxed in the first place.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies