turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there anyway to fix my taxes if I filed for the wrong? I had a W-2 and it filed under a 1040 form and showing that I owe a great amount.

If I filed my W-2 under a 1040 form what do I do?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Is there anyway to fix my taxes if I filed for the wrong? I had a W-2 and it filed under a 1040 form and showing that I owe a great amount.

What tax year are you referring to?  You cannot file a 2020 tax return until sometime in January 2021.

The Form 1040 is the federal tax return.  You must enter the W-2 tax data on the Form 1040.

2018 and is showing I owe which at the time I worked for a company that took taxes out and I gross over 45,000

@echart.jonathon wrote:

2018 and is showing I owe which at the time I worked for a company that took taxes out and I gross over 45,000

If you have taxes owed then you probably did not have enough taxes withheld from your salary during the year.

How are you filing the 2018 tax return?  The TurboTax online editions are Only for tax year 2020.

To complete and file a 2018 tax return using TurboTax you would need to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2018 desktop editions from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

A 2018 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies