turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there any way I could have my tax return go into a different bank since my bank account is closed ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

Is there any way I could have my tax return go into a different bank since my bank account is closed ?

If you have already e-filed or paper filed

Once your return is e-filed and accepted then no changes can be made to the return, or your refund payment method. If it is rejected, then you can go back in and modify the refund payment method.

If the IRS tries to deposit your refund to the bank account on the return and it is closed, or the account name does not match the return name, it will be pulled back and automatically sent as a paper check to the address on the file as the mailing address on the return.

This is a Turbo Tax FAQ with a video that explains this process.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

If you have already e-filed or paper filed

Once your return is e-filed and accepted then no changes can be made to the return, or your refund payment method. If it is rejected, then you can go back in and modify the refund payment method.

If the IRS tries to deposit your refund to the bank account on the return and it is closed, or the account name does not match the return name, it will be pulled back and automatically sent as a paper check to the address on the file as the mailing address on the return.

This is a Turbo Tax FAQ with a video that explains this process.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

How long would it take to come in the mail ?
TeresaM
Expert Alumni

It varies according to the IRS but should fall in the range of a 2 week delay.  Here is a link to the IRS FAQ for refund inquiries  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...>

If I filed it on the 25th of January, and my bank account was closed on the 3rd of February, will it still be deposited into my bank or be mailed as paper check ?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies