Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is there a way to expedite a return if your trying to pay?

So I realize you can apply to expedite a return if your due a refund but what if you owe and you're wanting to pay quickly? I am in the middle of trying to close on a home & they MUST have proof of all taxes paid. I see it has been received but not processed. I am very concerned I will lose this home if I can't get this paid quickly. I have gone to the local IRS office twice now, so far no luck. Anyone know of a way to expedite the process so I can pay what I owe?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Are they suppose to take the payment out of your checking account?  I guess you could pay directly online and hope the IRS doesn't try to take it out later.  You know the tax due payment was due back on April 15?   So the sooner you pay will stop the interest from accruing.  

You can pay the IRS directly at
https://www.irs.gov/payments 

it seems that you haven't paid only that your tax return has been received. you can establish an id.me account and make an online payment.

https://www.irs.gov/payments

print out the confirmation in a day or so you probably can go online to your bank account to print out that the IRS has processed payment. that should be satisfactory. the IRS will at some point send you a bill for any penalties and interest since payment was due 4/15. if the other party wants proof that these too were paid, I know of no way to expedite the IRS processing your return and sending you a bill 

You don't need an ID.me account to pay online at the IRS website.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies