Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is my turbo card connected to my social security number I have a card from my taxes last year but had to make a new turbo account this year it says my taxes went threw

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Is my turbo card connected to my social security number I have a card from my taxes last year but had to make a new turbo account this year it says my taxes went threw

If you utilized the same "account" when the program asked you how you would like to get your refund, then yes.  If you selected that you wanted your return via a prepaid card and you had to create a new account, you may have been issued a new card.  There are some ways to check to see where your refund is.  First, you will need to go to the IRS Where's My Refund site to see if your refund has been released. To check your refund, go here: https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/ Keep in mind, if it says Accepted, that just means the IRS has your return, it does not mean your refund has been sent.  

If it has, you will need to log in here to check if your refund was deposited to that card. You should have already registered this card if you utilized it the year before.  Please go to this link here to log in: https://www.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com/

If it is not showing up, and the refund has been released, you will need to call this number for further assistance.  This is the Prepaid Card customer service: (888) 285-4169

There may be a chance that if your refund was released AND you were issued a new card that wasn't activated, the refund will be declined (since the "account" is not active) and your refund may be sent via paper check by the IRS.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies