Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I delete a partially completed 2017 return (desktop version)? Does that clear all records of the user names and passwords that I entered to let it access my 1099s?

I am using the desktop windows version of TurboTax 2017. I let it access my 1099s online by providing user names and passwords to my accounts. I have not progressed beyond the income section and now wish I had entered that data manually. How do I delete this return and start over? Does that expunge all records of those user names and paswords?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I delete a partially completed 2017 return (desktop version)? Does that clear all records of the user names and passwords that I entered to let it access my 1099s?

You don't have to delete and start over

from the MENU, try File -> Remove Imported Data

I see no reason TurboTax would be storing the username etc. in the tax file.

Is it stored anywhere? Like at Intuit? Is the info stored only in RAM, so that it vanishes when I power down my computer? Quicken was another Intuit product and it stores the info between session so you don't have to re-enter it each time.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies