umramgirl

Is anyone else’s return still pending? I filed on January 15, and in years passed, my return was usually accepted the same day. My return is still currently pending after almost a week.

The IRS will not officially open to start receiving tax returns until on and after January 27 - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-opens-2020-filing-season-for-individual-filers-on-jan-27

eewreck

Don't think there's a way to know. Mine was accepted two days ago and I submitted mine after you did. I'm sure it'll approve eventually.

eewreck

Mine was already accepted before then, so I don't think that's true. 🙂 

@eewreck wrote:

Each year the IRS will pull small batches of tax returns to test the IRS systems.  However, the vast majority of tax returns will not be accepted or rejected until the IRS officially opens on January 27.