Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRS says my return has a mistake on my 1040 line 24, and I owe $251.27. Isn't his something that TurboTax should handle?

I used the TT software to do the calculations, I really think that the "tax expert" owes the money.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

IRS says my return has a mistake on my 1040 line 24, and I owe $251.27. Isn't his something that TurboTax should handle?

On the Form 1040 Line 24 is a calculated number based on Lines 16 thru 23.  Which of those Line numbers is the IRS indicating as incorrect?

The tax on the taxable income on Line 16?

Child Tax Credits from Schedule 8812?

The amount from Schedule 2 Line 3?

The amount from Schedule 3 Line 8?

Other taxes, including self-employment taxes from Schedule 2 Line 21?

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

line 24 is the sum of lines 16,17 and 23 less lines 19 and 20. we don't know which line has the error. some are compute based on what you entered.  in any case Turbotax never pays the additional taxes, since you would owe those anyway, only penalties and interest if it's their calculation error. you can file a claim

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-billing/submit-claim-turb... 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You mentioned a "tax expert," but the tag below your question says your are using TurboTax Deluxe Online, which does not include a tax expert. What tax expert are you referring to? Did you use TurboTax Live or TurboTax Live Full Service?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies