Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

marjam91

Irs said they sent me a letter but I didn't get it.what should I do? Can I redo my taxes? Because I think I put my income in wrong box.please please help? ???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Irs said they sent me a letter but I didn't get it.what should I do? Can I redo my taxes? Because I think I put my income in wrong box.please please help? ???

It takes at least a couple of weeks to receive a letter from the IRS.  You may want to call them at 1-800-829-1040 and either ask for another letter or ask for details as to what you need to do.

You cannot redo your taxes once they have been filed.  However, if the IRS requires that you change/add/remove/correct something on your tax return, you will have to file an Amendment.

Please refer to the link below on how to amend in Turbo Tax:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

Jonehop

Hi i am on ssi income ive never gotten the letter from irs or the check i have a payee that give me the money and i also have a child as well . i don't have to file because im on ssi . and im also on foodstamp as well needed helps .i need that 1,200 and 500 for my child so i can move into cheaper place that i can afford b.my income is 780.00. ..For a one bedroom my rent is 700.00 dollar a month .where i was born and raised in this townand State don't believe in HUD housings . reason why i want this 1200 to help us get into the 2 bedroom house that's cheapest in town for 600.00 a month .but the landlord can't wait for me and my son to rent this out to us or he gonna rent this out to someone else i got till june 20 come up with rent and deposit :( . i can't live in one bedroom and sharing same room with my son. and my son definitely want his privatey 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

You can use the following link to determine how much your stimulus payment should have been, if anything, based upon your personal situation.

Stimulus check calculator

If you determine you were entitled to stimulus payment using the link above, you can use the link below to register for the stimulus payment.  Be sure to use the correct link depending upon whether you are a tax return filer or non-filer.

IRS Stimulus payment registration portal

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies