turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

liv2gro

IRS Letter 12C

Received a letter 12C from the IRS because I did not include a 1095A when I filed. When I fill out the 8962 manually using all of the information from my 2019 tax return and the 1095A, it tells me we don't qualify for the APTC and we have to repay it, which will reduce our return by that amount. When I amend my 2019 return in Turbo Tax and add the 1095A information, it says we get an additional $420 back, but when I look at the forms that are part of the amended return, none of our information is included and it looks like it is just processing the info from the 1095A. What's the deal??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

IRS Letter 12C

See this FAQ:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409?search-a...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

IRS Letter 12C

Either you filled in the paper 8962 incorrectly  OR   you are not looking at the 1040X correctly ... remember you have not yet gotten the original refund yet.

Do not send in the 1040X ... only the 1095-A and 8962 requested. 

Also, if you are using the downloaded program to amend the return ... ignore the 1040X and only refer to the new 1040 that shows what the correct return looks like and what the refund will be once the IRS gets the forms needed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies