turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nboaz1996

I paid to have my return filed but IRS does not have them

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

nboaz1996 :

I combined your duplicate threads.  Please only ask a question once to avoid confusion and redundancy.

How did you choose to file?   Did you think you had efiled the return, or did you choose to print, sign, date, and mail the return?

If you efiled, after paying you had to proceed through several more screens to click on a final button to transmit the return.   When you log back into the account, what is shown for "status" for the 2018 return?    Does it say accepted, rejected, printed, started, ready to mail, or what?

If you chose to print and mail the return, TurboTax does not do that for you.   You have to physically print, sign, date, and postal mail the return.

Also, how do you know the IRS did not receive your return?    Did you actually speak to a live IRS agent, or did you use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website?

If you only used the IRS tool at https://www.irs.gov/Refunds , be sure you used it correctly.
NOTE: When using that tool, use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund. The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 20a.

Djcas1255
Returning Member

I file with turbo tax

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@Djcas1255 If you e-filed your return with TurboTax,  you can check the status of your return here: How do I check my e-file status?

If you are checking the Where's My Refund tool and are getting a message that your return is not found, the following help article will offer some assistance: Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

If there's another issue that you're having, please reach out via telephone: Contact Turbotax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies