Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wesloco23
Returning Member

Irs denied my 9342 refund

I filled February 13 with TurboTax federal refund was 9342 dollars received my state refund but received 3 different forms to fill out an email to IRS filled the forms out emailed them to IRS had to wait 45 days on three separate occasions on September 25th called to only find out i supposedly owed the IRS 700 when asked if they couldn't take the 700 out of my 9342 refund I was then told I no longer have a 9342 dollar refund an I paid for TurboTax deluxe with aduit defence an still got aduited an screwed out my hard earned money an now am homeless because of so bull 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Did you call and use the Audit Defense that you paid for?   Audit Defense can help you, but they cannot prevent the IRS from auditing you or seizing your refund if you made a big mistake on your tax return and actually owe the IRS.   TurboTax provides do-it-yourself tax software----the software cannot/does not check outside sources for your income or other information.   If you leave out income, enter something incorrectly, etc. the software cannot know that.   It sounds like you made some sort of error that led you to expect a refund that the IRS says you do not get.   You do not tell us what additional information you had to send to the IRS.

I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM THE IRS/STATE

TurboTax does not receive any information from the IRS or your state after your return was filed, so no one at TurboTax knows about a letter you received from the IRS or the state.

(what the letters from the IRS mean)

I GOT A LETTER FROM THE IRS   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3605673-i-got-a-letter-or-notice-from-the-irs

I AM BEING AUDITED

If you purchased Audit Defense:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2924451-i-bought-max-or-audit-defense-and-now-i-m-being-audited

AUDIT SUPPORT

TurboTax has a special phone number for help with IRS/state tax letters, which will be easier than going through regular Customer Support.   At the page below, click on the blue button that says "Get Help from TurboTax Support".  Then it will ask you what tax year is your letter.  Then it will ask you what the letter concerns. Then it will show you the phone number during posted business hours.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies