lacyreynolds85

Instead of putting savings for direct deposit I put checking!! Help! I am supposed to get dd on March 2,2016

PaulaM

Was the account number and routing number correct for the savings account, and you just marked the checking box? If so, it may go to the correct account.

Once your return has been accepted, there is no way to change your account for direct deposit.

If the banking account and routing numbers are incorrect, the bank will just send it back to IRS, and you will receive a paper check.

PaulaM

lacyreynolds85

Yes the account number and routing number are correct but are for my savings account. But as I said I checked checking instead of savings on my returns. Will they send it back to the bank you (turbo tax) deals with since I had my fees taken out of my refund? Or will it be sent to the IRS as you said
PaulaM

The account number, bank routing number and your personal info (your name must match the return) are the most important data. It's unlikely, your bank will  bounce it back to the IRS because you didn't select the correct type of account. When you use Refund Processing, the refund goes to the 3rd party bank 1st, then on to your bank account. So if your bank sends it anywhere, it would be back  to the IRS. Your bank will be able to confirm if they send it back to IRS.
miriamnm83

This happened to me and my bank rejected it.
Lauriethecook

Have you contacted your bank and/or sbtpg? Ask your bank if they'll put it on your savings. Sometimes off you call sbtpg they can help. I would def call them today. Good luck!
miriamnm83

I called my bank yesterday to check if they had received it. They told me they did but had to reject it. Do you think it's too late to call sbtpg? Thanks!!
Lauriethecook

No probably not too late for sbtpg. Try first thing in the morning though!
mesha663

@PaulaM i did the samething and my account numbers are correct just clicked Checking i called BofA and they said i shoukd still get my refund as long as the account numbersc are correct .