dcsgv

In filing 2017 MT Returns I did not enter 2016 MT AGI and MT Taxable Income. Will this require an amendment?

Curious if this will affect the return amount or create and issue in the future. I did use turbo tax last year when filing and noticed that the MT Itemized Deductions field was automatically entered from last year's return.

AndreaC

No, I don't think your do. As long as you used TurboTax last year and transferred the information (which it sounds like you did) there would not be a need for you to enter your 2016 MT AGI or MT Taxable Income because TurboTax already knows it.

This information is needed to figure our how much, if any, of your federal tax refund from last year is taxable to Montana this year. This is for MT filers who itemize their deductions.