turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gdstyson

What does it mean when your transcript says no return record for tax year 2018? I efiled 2/5 was accepted 2/7. WMR says processing

I just learned about using tax transcripts to help track your return, I’m new to it so I don’t know if I’m doing it right. I do have 2 minor child dependents, but it seems as though there should be some record of my return in the transcript system by now. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

What does it mean when your transcript says no return record for tax year 2018? I efiled 2/5 was accepted 2/7. WMR says processing

Here's what the IRS says about transcripts:

"Will ordering a transcript help me find out when I’ll get my refund?"

"A tax transcript will not help you find out when you’ll get your refund. The information transcripts have about your account does not necessarily reflect the amount or timing of your refund. They are best used to validate past income and tax filing status for mortgage, student and small business loan applications, and to help with tax preparation."

See this: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

View solution in original post

4 Replies

A transcript wont have information until it gets through processing.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
gdstyson

So it will say no record until it’s completely done?

Im not sure at what point the information will be displayed in the transcript.  As long as WMR says processing, that means they have your return, and all you can do is wait.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Here's what the IRS says about transcripts:

"Will ordering a transcript help me find out when I’ll get my refund?"

"A tax transcript will not help you find out when you’ll get your refund. The information transcripts have about your account does not necessarily reflect the amount or timing of your refund. They are best used to validate past income and tax filing status for mortgage, student and small business loan applications, and to help with tax preparation."

See this: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies